The key to successful spot removal is getting to it as quick as possible. Keep this page bookmarked or print a copy so you will be able to refer to it when you need it. Be sure to let your friends and family know about this spotting guide so they will be able to use it as well.
THE 6 MOST IMPORTANT STEPS TO REMOVING SPOTS
1. Catch it while it's fresh, when chances of removal are 75% better. Don't iron or hot-air dry until the stain is gone. Heat will set most stains.
2. First blot up all the liquid and scrape up all the solids you can. On a large liquid spill you can use a wet/dry vac. Be careful not to spread the stain.
3. Test any chemical or applicable pre-treatment you intend to use in a hidden area to make sure it won't discolor or damage the surface.
4. Apply spotter and work from the outside of the stain in, to avoid spreading. Blot, don't scrub; strike with the flat face of a spotting brush if needed to help break up the stain.
5. Rinse chemical spotters out with water, blot the area dry and feather the edges. Brush or fluff up pile or nap.
6. On carpet and upholstery, put a thick pad of toweling over the spot, weigh it down with books, and leave it there overnight to "wick up" any remaining moisture.
Whether they are dribbles or disasters, food and beverage stains are part of everybody's life. Before the next one happens to you, read the tips and suggestions we have compiled for you here and get some Carpet Cleaning Excellence's professional home care products to wipe that stain clean when it inevitably happens. If your carpet has been treated with our protectant, then you already have a huge advantage in removing stains.
Did you know that when you use our company to clean your carpets, rugs, and furniture you receive a 30-Day unlimited "No Spot" return visit guarantee to keep your soft surface floor coverings and furnishings looking their best? This guarantee comes standard with every cleaning package we offer. Sign up for our newsletter and monthly specials and you'll find we often extend this "No Spot" guarantee beyond 30 days.
Best Stain Removal Tips
-Act quickly! The longer the stain is allowed to remain, the more chance it has to set.
-Know what kind of stain you are working on as well as the type of fabric or surface it is on so you can choose the best product. View the list below to see which product to use for water or oil based spots.
-Remove as much excess stain as you can by blotting, scraping or brushing whatever will come off. DO NOT rub it in.
-Test all fabrics and carpets before cleaning by spraying a small amount of our Professional Spot Remover on a hidden area, blot dry and observe for 10 minutes. Make sure there is not carpet color removal onto the cloth and that, when dry, there is not a visible discoloration in the area you cleaned. Ask your carpet cleaning technician about obtaining extra bottles of our Professional Spot Remover on the day of your appointment.
-Work from the outside edge of the spot or stain to the inside to keep the stain from spreading.
-Call Carpet Cleaning Excellence for expert spot & stain removal if these efforts do not work (888) 688-0603.
-Have a Carpet Cleaning Excellence technician apply our professional strength protectant with every cleaning to give you the best chance for removing stains in between professional cleanings. Our company includes it in every cleaning within a reasonable, full-service package price.
* These items can chemically damage carpet fibers which may require a Carpet Cleaning Excellence professional's assistance. Please be EXTREMELY careful with ink.
Still have questions? Call us toll free (888) 688-0603
Join us or share on:
100% Risk-Free Guarantee
If you are not happy with our Carpet Cleaning Excellence Oakland County carpet cleaning we will reclean the area for free, if you are still not pleased we will refund your money. What could be more fair?