The maintenance of carpets is certainly not easy. The daily wear and tear can take its toll on your own carpet. It's good to know, you can avoid any heavy dirt on your carpet and you can do the cleaning yourself and do the work in your own time.
All of the following ideas will help you maintain your carpet’s overall appearance and prolong its life.
1. Using both indoor and outdoor mats at each entrance to reduce the amount of dirt and grime brought into your home.
2. Clean the heavy traffic sections 2-3 times every week by using a vacuum while the others will be cleaned weekly.
3. Make your own spot remover by simply mixing 1/4 teaspoon liquid detergent (with no bleach) and 1 cup cold water.
4. Have a protector on a regular basis applied after cleaning because after some time the protection on stain-resistant carpet wears down.
5. Try the colorfastness property of a certain stain -removing solution before using it. Try checking it on inconspicuous area.
6. Before placing on your carpet, test area rugs for colorfastness because some rugs may often bleed.
7. Vacuum under area rugs occasionally to remove loose debris that may have filtered through the rugs to your carpet.
8. Immediately after professional cleaning, leave the protective blocks in place to avoid color transfer between home furniture and flooring.
9. All your house furniture accumulates everyday dust particles and grime just like your carpet. We advise you have them both cleaned professionally all at once for your convenience.
Carpet care is actually a challenge but when you stick to these smart suggestions, you may save yourself from excessive dirt and grime as you clean your carpet. For additional information on carpet cleaning and maintenance tasks, call an experienced professional carpet cleaner around Rochester Hills, MI. Carpet Cleaning Excellence is at your service. Contact us immediately so that we can plan our visit to your place.